Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Terms and Conditions of Use
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of Use, do not use this site.
The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (“ACNP”) may revise and update these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Modifications to these Terms and Conditions of Use will be posted on the ACNP website and the “Last Updated” date at the top of this webpage will be revised. Your continued use of the ACNP website (the “ACNP Website” or the “Site”) will mean you accept those changes.
You may print or save a copy of these Terms and Conditions of Use for your records.
- Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the ACNP Website are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password (“Personal Login Information”), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. ACNP is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact ACNP at acnp@ACNP.org immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
- User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the ACNP Website and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the ACNP Website by other users or with ACNP’s operation and management of the ACNP Website. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the ACNP Website, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an ACNP registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, ACNP reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the ACNP Website. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the ACNP Website, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including ACNP, through your use of the ACNP Website.
- Proprietary Rights. The content of the ACNP Website includes, without limitation, (i) ACNP’s trademarks, service marks, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively “ACNP Marks”); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the ACNP Website (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as “ACNP Content”). ACNP Content is the property of ACNP, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any ACNP Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from ACNP or the owner of such content if ACNP is not the owner. Any use of ACNP Marks without ACNP’s express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in ACNP Content, including any such notices appearing on any ACNP Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the ACNP Website.
- Responsibility for Use of the Internet and the ACNP Website. Use of the Internet and the ACNP Website is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. ACNP does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the ACNP Website over the Internet or other communication network. ACNP shall not be obligated to correct or update the ACNP Website, ACNP Content or the User-Generated Content and ACNP shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the ACNP Website. You understand and agree that with using the Site, information will be transmitted over a medium (the Internet) that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of ACNP. Accordingly, ACNP assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of the Site.
- Patient Information. The ACNP Website, including any public forums which you may access via the ACNP Website, may contain confidential patient information (“Patient Information”). State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, may impose obligations with respect to patient confidentiality that may limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of Patient Information, including transmitting Patient Information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of Patient Information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
- Third Party Information. The ACNP Website may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, User-Generated Content or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the ACNP Website are those of the respective third party and not of ACNP or its affiliates. ACNP makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third party materials, information, services or products.
- Advertisers. The ACNP Website may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the ACNP Website does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by ACNP. ACNP shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the ACNP Website. Further, ACNP shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the ACNP Website. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
- Links to Third Party websites. The ACNP Website may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which ACNP exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links (provided by ACNP or by a third party) is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the ACNP Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Links to ACNP Website and ACNP Content. Links posted by third parties to the ACNP Website and/or ACNP Content may not use ACNP trademark or logo and shall not suggest that ACNP promotes or otherwise endorses any third party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the ACNP Website shall be the responsibility of the linking party. ACNP reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates ACNP’s rights or causes interruption or deterioration of ACNP Content.
- Warranties Disclaimed. THE ACNP WEBSITE AND ACNP CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER ACNP, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY “ACNP PARTIES”) PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE ACNP WEBSITE OR ACNP CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE ACNP WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE ACNP WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) ACNP CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE ACNP WEBSITE. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Limitation of Liability. ACNP PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY, FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DACNPGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH, AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING (i) OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE ACNP WEBSITE AND/OR ANY ACNP CONTENT; (ii) FROM ANY INTERRUPTION IN THE AVAILABILITY OF THE ACNP WEBSITE AND/OR ACNP CONTENT; (iii) FROM ANY LOSS OF DATA AND/OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT FAILURE; (iv) OUT OF THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE GOODS, CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE ACNP WEBSITE, OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE ACNP WEBSITE; (v) FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (vi) FROM STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE ACNP WEBSITE; (vii) FROM ANY DELAY OR FAILURE OF THE ACNP WEBSITE ARISING OUT OF CAUSES BEYOND ACNP’S CONTROL; (viii) OUT OF THE USE OF, REFERENCE TO, OR RELIANCE ON, ACNP CONTENT; (ix) OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONTAINED ON, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THE ACNP WEBSITE (x) OUT OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, AND/OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS PROVIDED BY OR ADVERTISED ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES; OR (xi) OUT OF ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE ACNP WEBSITE OR ACNP CONTENT.
- Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DACNPGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 18 AND 19 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND ACNP’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Neither party consents or agrees to any arbitration on a class or representative basis, and the arbitrator shall have no authority to proceed with arbitration on a class or representative basis. No arbitration will be consolidated with any other arbitration proceeding without the consent of all parties. Any claim or controversy as to the enforceability of this arbitration provision’s restriction on your right to participate in or pursue class action or classwide arbitration shall be brought only in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee or any State of Tennessee court located in Davidson County, Tennessee.
- Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the ACNP Website must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Notice and Takedown Procedures/Copyright Agent. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this web site by contacting ACNP’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
a) Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
b) Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
c) Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) e-mail address.
d) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
e) A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
f) A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
g) ACNP’s agent for copyright issues relating to this website is as follows:
5034 Thoroughbred Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027
Or call: 615-324-2365
In an effort to protect the rights of copyright owners, ACNP maintains a policy for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of subscribers and account holders of the Site who are repeat infringers.
We thank you for your cooperation and agreement. We hope you find the ACNP Site helpful and convenient to use. Questions or comments regarding this Site, including reports of non-functioning links, may be submitted using our “Contact Us Form” or via email at acnp@ACNP.org.
Member in the News...Beyond dopamine: New reward circuitry discovered https://bit.ly/3m65Qjw #depression #addiction #dopamine
Dr. Leggio from NIDA/NIAAA and Dr. Litten from NIAAA provide a very thoughtful comment on the recent baclofen RCT by Dr. Garbutt et al. at UNC @Lorenzo__Leggio @npp_journal