Proposals for Panels, Mini-Panels, and Study Groups
The College will accept Panel, Mini-Panel and Study Group proposals for consideration at the 2023 Annual Meeting in early April 2023. The final deadline to submit iss May 25, 2023.
Panels, Mini-Panels & Study Groups
- Chairs must create the submission and invite presenters no later than Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- Presenters must submit individual abstracts & disclosures no later than Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
- Study group presenters must submit disclosures no later than Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
- Chairs must review, finalize and submit proposed sessions no later than Thursday, May 25, 2023.
All Submission Deadlines are 5:00 PM Central Time. Notifications will be emailed in late July 2023.
Study Group Guidelines
9 Common Reasons Why an Abstract is Not Accepted:
- The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently cohesive.
- The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently innovative.
- The Panel/Mini-Panel does not include sufficient novel/new data.
- The theme of the Panel/Mini-Panel is over-represented in current submissions for this year.
- Similar Panels/Mini-Panels have been presented in recent ACNP meetings.
- The abstract is not informative enough.
- The panel participant composition does not have women, minority and/or early career scientist/clinician representation.
- Speakers are not from diverse institutions.
- Insufficient data and/or statistical analyses.
Deadline: The College will accept poster abstract submissions when the Annual Meeting Registration opens in June 2023. The deadline for submission is Thursday, August 3, 2023, at 5:00 PM Central Time. The deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.
Poster Presentation Mounting Requirements
Encore Presentations: Original data is preferred, if the abstract is accepted for presentation but has been previously published, it will not be published in ACNP’s journal Neuropsychopharmacology. However, encore presentations can be submitted. ACNP does not accept late-breaking abstracts for the annual meeting.
Notifications: All poster abstract submissions are reviewed by the Program Committee. Notifications of acceptance or otherwise will be emailed to the presenter in late September / early October.
If you are not a member of ACNP, please review the Annual Meeting FAQs for additional information.
Media Embargo Policy
Any press release issued by a presenter, the presenter’s employer, or any other outside person or entity about a presentation scheduled for the ACNP Annual Meeting must be embargoed until the time and date of the presentation and should be clear that it is not sanctioned by ACNP. This includes any detail of the abstract and the title.
Abstract Submission Copyright
All materials submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting will be published in Neuropsychopharmacology and should be original and not previously published. Following publication authors may reuse their work with the sole requirements of full citation and link to the original publication online.
BRAD 2023 is just around the corner! Register for your BRAD box by April 1st to celebrate on April 20th. Any celebration - big or small - is important as we work together to show support for animal research and to educate the public on the role of animals in medical advancements.
In Memoriam to Dr. Robert Hirschfeld, @ACNPorg Emeritus Fellow. Dr. Hirschfeld was well known for development of the Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ), one of the most widely used screening assessments for bipolar disorder.
It's #WomensHistoryMonth! This month, and throughout the year, we celebrate the legacies of women in the field of psychiatry, both past and present, who have advanced the field and improved the lives of those with mental health issues.