Proposals for Panels, Mini-Panels, and Study Groups
The College is no longer accepting Panel, Mini-Panel and Study Group proposals for consideration at the 2021 Annual Meeting. The final deadline to submit was May 27, 2021.
Panels, Mini-Panels & Study Groups
- Chairs must create the submission and invite presenters no later than Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
- Presenters must submit individual abstracts & disclosures no later than Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
- Study group presenters must submit disclosures no later than Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
- Chairs must review, finalize and submit proposed sessions no later than Thursday, May 27, 2021.
All Submission Deadlines are 5:00 PM Central Time. Notifications will be emailed in late July 2021.
9 Common Reasons Why an Abstract is Not Accepted:
- The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently cohesive.
- The Panel/Mini-Panel is not sufficiently innovative.
- The Panel/Mini-Panel does not include sufficient novel/new data.
- The theme of the Panel/Mini-Panel is over-represented in current submissions for this year.
- Similar Panels/Mini-Panels have been presented in recent ACNP meetings.
- The abstract is not informative enough.
- The panel participant composition does not have women, minority and/or early career scientist/clinician representation.
- Speakers are not from diverse institutions.
- Insufficient data and/or statistical analyses.
Deadline: The deadline for submission was Thursday, August 5, 2021, at 5:00 PM Central Time. The deadline will not be extended under any circumstances.
Encore Presentations: Original data is preferred, if the abstract is accepted for presentation but has been previously published, it will not be published in ACNP’s journal Neuropsychopharmacology. However, encore presentations can be submitted. ACNP does not accept late-breaking abstracts for the annual meeting.
Notifications: All poster abstract submissions are reviewed by the Program Committee. Notifications of acceptance or otherwise will be emailed to the presenter in late September / early October.
If you are not a member of ACNP, please review the Annual Meeting FAQs for additional information.
Media Embargo Policy
Any press release issued by a presenter, the presenter’s employer, or any other outside person or entity about a presentation scheduled for the ACNP Annual Meeting must be embargoed until the time and date of the presentation and should be clear that it is not sanctioned by ACNP. This includes any detail of the abstract and the title.
Abstract Submission Copyright
All materials submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting will be published in Neuropsychopharmacology and should be original and not previously published. Following publication authors may reuse their work with the sole requirements of full citation and link to the original publication online.
Member in the News...Beyond dopamine: New reward circuitry discovered https://bit.ly/3m65Qjw #depression #addiction #dopamine
Dr. Leggio from NIDA/NIAAA and Dr. Litten from NIAAA provide a very thoughtful comment on the recent baclofen RCT by Dr. Garbutt et al. at UNC @Lorenzo__Leggio @npp_journal