Public & Media Resources/Media Policy
Media Embargo Policy
No members of the press are allowed to attend the ACNP Annual Meeting unless they attend as an invited guest of a member. ACNP does not allow people representing media outlets to report from the meeting. The ACNP does not assemble press kits because the meeting is closed to the media.
- The ACNP will issue a limited number of sanctioned press releases and will ask the investigators to be available for comment by phone. If the investigator is unwilling to be available there will be no press release using the investigator’s name.
- Selected chairs/first authors will be asked about their interest in an ACNP-issued press release on their panel, talk, or poster. If the chair/first author is interested in the ACNP issuing a press release, they will be referred to the ACNP Public Information Committee/Media relations firm.
- Any press release issued by a presenter, the presenter’s employer, or any other outside person or entity about a presentation scheduled for the ACNP Annual Meeting must be embargoed until the time and date of the presentation and should be clear that it is not sanctioned by ACNP. This includes any detail of the abstract and the title.
ACNP Use of Name Policy
The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology does not allow the use of its name, logo, or the annual meeting name in association with any CME activity unless approval is granted by the College. To obtain permission to use the College name for such purposes a member must contact the Executive Office.
Consequences of a violation of the ACNP Use of Name Policy:
- Because time is of the essence when a violation of this policy is suspected, the ACNP Executive Director will be responsible to collect relevant information as soon as possible and present the facts to Council.
- The Council will review the circumstances and mitigating factors in all cases regarding violations of this press policy in making its decisions.
- After its review of the circumstances and mitigating factors in each case, Council will make a decision regarding possible disciplinary sanctions, including but not limited to, a reprimand, a temporary suspension from attendance at the annual meeting, a temporary or permanent ban on presentations at the annual meeting, or expulsion from membership.
Turning to the gut to better understand depression https://t.co/jtnFF8qM3W #mentalhealth #depression #gutmicrobiota #MDD
Scientists discover key neural circuit regulating alcohol consumption https://t.co/oThJhH8gnR #mentalhealth #alcohol