About Us/Mission Statement
The principal function of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) is to further research and education in neuropsychopharmacology and related fields by:
- promoting the interaction of a broad range of scientific disciplines of brain and behavior in order to advance the understanding of causes, prevention and treatment of diseases of the nervous system including psychiatric, neurological, behavioral and addictive disorders;
- encouraging scientists to enter research careers in fields related to these disorders and their treatment; and
- ensuring the dissemination of relevant scientific advances in these disorders.
To advance scientific understanding of and to facilitate communication about disorders of the brain and behavior in order to advance their prevention and treatment.
The ACNP strives for these Core Values:
- Commitment to Excellence. ACNP members are committed to excellence in the conduct of science, in the presentation of science at ACNP meetings and in the ACNP journal, in the selection of the best scientists as ACNP members, and in the mentorship of young scientists in the field.
- Commitment to Integrity. The ACNP and its members operate at the highest level of integrity.
- Commitment to Openness. ACNP members value the free exchange of scientific information, and open communication between membership and leadership related to governance of the College.
- Commitment to Clinical/Basic Exchange among Academic, Government and Industry Scientists. ACNP members are committed to providing a forum for the clinical/basic exchange of scientific information, which is critical for the advancement and translation of scientific discovery.
- Commitment to Education and Training. ACNP members are committed to training the next generation of neuropsychopharmacology researchers and to disseminating research findings to scientific colleagues, mental health professionals, and patients and patient representative groups.
- Commitment to Collegiality. Membership in the ACNP indicates a desire to participate in and to contribute to the College and its activities, as well as a desire to collaborate with other members in the advancement of science.
- Commitment to Diversity. The College and its members actively promote diversity and inclusion within the College and within our field not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, intellectual perspectives and points of view.
- Commitment to Research Ethics. The ACNP membership is committed to advancing humane and ethical research practices.
As Program Chair, I'm excited to announce the first ever @ACNPorg virtual meeting! BIG positive is expanded access for trainees.
*All Associate Members can invite a trainee*
*All Members have an extra trainee invite*
PLEASE use these invites to expand diversity in the college🙏 https://t.co/7OAcdnnU2X
ACNP's top priority is the safety & well-being of its attendees, their families, colleagues, & members of the global community. With this being said, this year's ACNP Annual Meeting will be presented on a new virtual platform. Stay tuned for information on the virtual schedule.