- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
The Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA) was founded by a consortium of organizations to fill the gap that existed on a national level to assure quality of care and excellence in service to individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related illnesses, and to their caregivers and families. AFA unites more than 1,600 member organizations from coast-to-coast that are dedicated to meeting the educational, social, emotional and practical needs of individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related illnesses, and their caregivers and families. Under AFA's umbrella, these organizations collaborate on education, resources, best practices and advocacy —all resulting in better care for those affected by the disease.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP)
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the leading national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide.
- American Parkinson Disease Association
The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) is the country's largest grassroots organization serving the Parkinson's community with the unique dual mission to "Ease the Burden - Find the Cure." APDA raises awareness of the disease and funds for scientific research to find the cause(s) and cure, and provides free patient and caregiver support and education materials and programs.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America - New videos on PTSD, OCD, and other Anxiety Disorders
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America is committed to the prevention, early diagnosis, treatment and cure of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders in children and adults. ADAA educates and increases awareness of anxiety and anxiety-related disorders, provides free referrals and patient education materials and sponsors the largest professional conference bringing together basic researchers, clinical researchers and clinicians from diverse disciplines to advance science and disseminate research into practice.
- Autism Speaks
- Brain & Behavior Research
- Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
The Child and Adolescent Bipolar Foundation educates, supports and advocates for families raising children and teens with mood disorders. Parents, teens and educators can find peer-reviewed research, family-friendly articles about treatment and school accommodations, local clinicians and resources and support from other parents.
- CHDI Foundation
CHDI is a private, not-for-profit research foundation that works with an international network of academic and industrial scientists and organizations to discover drugs that slow the progression of Huntington's disease (HD). We seek to accelerate scientific progress by serving as a collaborative enabler that encourages cooperation and collaboration among HD researchers and provides financial support for their work. Our activities extend from exploratory biology to the identification and validation of therapeutic targets, and from drug discovery and development to clinical studies and trials.
- Cure Alliance for Mental Illness is a social activist network for mental illness research. Our mission is to unite the energies of patients, families, clinicians, scientists, and mental illness organizations to:Educate the public and policymakers about mental illnesses as brain disorders, Advocate for scientific research to understand mental illnesses, Work toward safe, effective treatments for those suffering from mental illnesses
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
The mission of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) is to provide hope, help, and support to improve the lives of people living with depression or bipolar disorder. DBSA pursues and accomplishes this mission through peer-based, recovery-oriented, empowering services and resources when people want them, where they want them, and how they want them.
- Huntington's Disease Society of America
- International Mental Health Research Organization (IMHRO)
International Mental Health Research Organization (IMHRO) is committed to funding research and raising awareness to help people with brain disorders, and to finding cures for schizophrenia, depression and bipolar disorder within a generation.
- National Alliance on Mental Ilness (NAMI)
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Eating Disorders Association
- Mental Health America
- Obsessive Compulsive Foundation
- Schizophrenia Research Forum
- Tourette Syndrome Association
Other Advocacy Initiatives: